- Rancilio Steady Brew (SB) technology is the evolution of the traditional thermosiphon system and introduces a set of innovative features designed to improve the performance of all single-boiler espresso machines. By keeping the water temperature stable during extraction, Steady Brew guarantees excellent thermal stability, reliability and maximum repeatability, both during busy periods and in low usage conditions.
Rancilio Patented Technology.
- ABM is a specific software developed to improve the performance of the machine in conditions of intensive use. When simultaneously brewing espresso, dispensing water and steaming milk, ABM switches on the heating element to pre-empt any drops in pressure under the preset value, thus preventing drops in temperature to ensure constant heating levels.
Control of the boiler pressure is optimised in the case of the intensive and simultaneous use of multiple group heads. In these cases, in order to prevent the pressure from dropping below a minimum value of 0.5 bar, ABM can stop water from being dispensed until the boiler pressure returns to a suitable level.
ABM also allows for control of the machine’s power consumption, reducing it to 2/3 of the normal value where power availability is low.
For espresso machines equipped with the iSteam wand, ABM also improves steam delivery performance by increasing the power of the heating element in the boiler, allowing it to produce more heat and reduce drops in pressure during milk frothing.
Rancilio Patented Technology
- Snap&Share is a QR code reader app that allows users to share the technical settings of their espresso machine, keep track of maintenance operations, monitor consumption, and register new products to activate the warranty.
- Steam wand (as standard)
- C-lever (optional): The C-lever steam valve is operated by rotating the knob just 25°. Turning it upwards, the valve stays open. Turning it downwards, the valve opens and automatically closes when released.
- iSteam: The iSteam automatic steam wand features two buttons, both of which can be programmed with the following functions: “Cappuccino”, to heat and froth milk, or “Latte”, to heat only. Rancilio Patented Technology.
|Cup warmer (optional)
- The cup warmer keeps all espresso and cappuccino cups at the right temperature at all times.
- Heating Control: On/Off Button
|Boiler & heating
- BM controls the boiler pressure and, in case of a drop, automatically enables the heating element to return the pressure to the preset level. BM can also stop water from being dispensed until the boiler pressure has returned to a suitable level.
The boiler pressure can be adjusted mechanically in the Classe 7 S and Classe 5 models (USB, S and Lever), whereas in the Classe 7 USB and Silvia Pro models, it can be set from the display.
- T-Switch – Thanks to the 4-position T-Switch, a different extraction temperature can be set for each group, even for single boiler coffee machines. With the boiler adjusted to 1.0 bar, a temperature of approx. 90°C, 93°C, 96°C or 99°C can be set on each group and the right extraction temperature for each type of coffee is always available. The T-Switch can only be adjusted by specialised technicians during installation by removing the cup warmer.
|Cleaning and maintenance
- USB (as standard) – Automatic dosing (pre-programmed)
- Easy clean (as standard): Easy Clean manages the cleaning process of the group heads, so it can perform it all automatically. The barista need only start the cycle, and the machine will automatically carry out the washing and rinsing operations. For all models (except the Classe 5 units), Easy Clean also allows you to schedule a daily alarm (3 alarms for the Classe 11 and Classe 20 models) to warn the user of the need for a cleaning cycle, set an optional block on the machine in the event of a cleaning cycle, and view the history of all cleaning cycles performed.
- Grid System (as standard): The removable cup tray grids are made of a scratch-resistant polymer, which makes them conveniently dishwasher-safe. They are designed to allow coffee residues to flow directly into the drain tray, keeping the working area clean.
- Connect is a powerful IoT solution developed by Rancilio Group, to gather and easy analyze all the value relevant data generated by a single coffee machine or an entire fleet. Via a customizable dashboard with widgets, tables and graphs, Connect gives you a ready to use digital toolkit, to monitor key performance parameters in real time and empower your whole coffee business.
- Thanks to the Pods&Caps kit, all Rancilio espresso machines can be used with coffee pods and capsules (according to available systems). Rancilio Baby 9 works with coffee pods and capsules (according to available systems).